Auto detailing is an important part of ongoing vehicle care that many drivers and car owners overlook. Unfortunately, wear and tear accumulates over time, ultimately leading to a busted exterior and interior, which can significantly decrease the value of your car. If you’re interested in learning what auto detailing can do for your old car, this article will elaborate on what detailing can do for your car and the process that’s involved.
EXTERIOR – WHAT’S INVOLVED?
Your car’s exterior is like a first impression, which is only one of the many reasons to keep it looking brand new. The process of cleaning and restoring your car’s exterior is rather simple, and when carried out by professionals you’ll be amazed at the finished product. Here is a brief synopsis of what a standard exterior detailing includes:
- Washing – removing the surface layer of dirt, dust, and filth before attempting to buff or shine what’s underneath.
- Clay treatment – if you’ve ever attempted to remove those hard water stains, it’s a lot more difficult than it appears. Clay treatments remove the deeper layer of dirt, dust, and filth that soap won’t take care of.
- Restorative polish – this is the step that brings your car back to life. By polishing the exterior, it makes the car appear as though the paint job were recently done.
- Gloss seal – a gloss or wax finish is the final touch to making your old car look shiny and brand new again.
WHAT EXTERIOR DETAILING CAN DO FOR YOUR OLD CAR
As cars are exposed to harmful UV rays, harsh weather conditions, and other corrosive or degrading conditions, they can wind up looking like they’re even older than they actually are. Exterior detailing does the following for your old car:
- Restores dulled paintwork
- Removes fine scratches and wear
- Restores dirty or scratched wheels
INTERIOR – WHAT’S INVOLVED?
If the exterior is a first impression, the interior is like a final impression. Once someone steps foot inside your car, they get to see just how much wear and filth it has accumulated over the years. The interior detailing process is just as important as the exterior process; if you ever choose to sell your car, the interior can be a huge selling point or deterrent depending on its condition. Here’s what the interior detailing process involves:
- Overall vacuuming – a thorough overall vacuuming is a critical step to remove all the dust and dirt that has accumulated over the years.
- Deep cleaning – a deeper cleaning using entails thoroughly shampooing and brushing the cloth areas, scrubbing away stains from floor mats and upholstery.
- Surface polish and cleaning – all of the hard surfaces need polishing and cleaning too, as dirt particles tend to pack into the tiny crevices making it appear dull and worn. This process restores the shine of your interior.
- Odor removal – this is a great service for those who smoke in their cars and decided to quit, or are selling their car and cannot have the permeating smell of smoke inside.
WHAT INTERIOR DETAILING CAN DO FOR YOUR OLD CAR
Between traffic and long commutes, drivers spend a lot of time inside their cars. The interior is important to keep in good condition, not only for your comfort, but for retaining the value of your car as time passes. This is what interior detailing can do for your old car:
- Removes interior stains and scratches
- Removes built up dirt and debris
- Removes pervasive odors
HOW CONEJO AUTO WINDOW TINTING & DETAIL CAN HELP
Here at Conejo Auto Window Tinting & Detail, we know how important our clients cars are to them. Since 1989, we’ve been providing exceptional quality detail work for the residents of Thousand Oaks, Westlake, Agoura Hills, Camarillo, Simi Valley, and Newbury Park, CA—that means that for over 25 years we’ve helped people enjoy their cars more and get the most out of them. Many old cars aren’t past their prime, they just need a rejuvenating cleaning and polishing. If you are the proud owner of an older car that could use a little bit of a pick-me-up, please contact us to learn more about what we can do to restore its shine.